Our website uses cookies, please set your cookie preferences below. Functional cookies are needed for the proper functioning of the website and cannot be refused. For more info, please read our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy.
More details
Less details

Functional cookies

Cookies that are necessary to guarantee the proper functioning of the website, for example: passing along information to the next page when buying a contract or saving your preferences such as language and browser settings.

Analytical cookies

These cookies enable us to generate insights in the usage of our website. This way we can ensure a continuous optimization of the website. The collected data never contain personally identifiable information.

Advertising cookies

Cookies that enable us to know how many and which specific ads you have seen and/or clicked on. We also track whether an advertisement has resulted in you buying a Europ Assistance product. Based on your actions on the website, we can show relevant offers on third party websites.

Loading... Partners Area Jobs Blog FAQ

What should I do if I no longer have the purchase receipts for my personal property?

We understand that not everyone keeps all purchase receipts and invoices.  A proof of purchase can be an invoice, as well as a receipt, an account statement or a credit card statement.

Many shops work with a loyalty card. In that case, you can request a printout of the purchase from a shop, even if the purchase was made several years ago.

You must prove by any means at your disposal and with all documents at your disposal the existence and value of the goods at the time of the damage, as well as the importance and extent of the damage in case of total or partial destruction.