Our website uses cookies, please set your cookie preferences below. Functional cookies are needed for the proper functioning of the website and cannot be refused. For more info, please read our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy.
More details
Less details

Functional cookies

Cookies that are necessary to guarantee the proper functioning of the website, for example: passing along information to the next page when buying a contract or saving your preferences such as language and browser settings.

Analytical cookies

These cookies enable us to generate insights in the usage of our website. This way we can ensure a continuous optimization of the website. The collected data never contain personally identifiable information.

Advertising cookies

Cookies that enable us to know how many and which specific ads you have seen and/or clicked on. We also track whether an advertisement has resulted in you buying a Europ Assistance product. Based on your actions on the website, we can show relevant offers on third party websites.

Loading... Partners Area Jobs Blog FAQ

In which countries is it compulsory to have a travel insurance certificate?

Before issuing a tourist visa, the authorities of some countries require a travel insurance certificate. This is for example the case in these coutries:

Russia: a travel insurance certificate approved by the authorities with a minimum coverage of up to €30,000 for medical expenses.


Cuba: a travel insurance certificate approved by the authorities and mentioning our approval by Assistur (We can provide you with a Spanish certificate in the customer area)

Algeria: travel insurance certificate and residence permit



United States of America: for journeys longer than three months.

Angola (We can also provide you with the certificate in Portuguese. Please contact our customer service).