24 April 2020 n° 202001
Table of content:
- What is a cookie?
- What types of cookies are used on the Europ Assistance website?
- How can you manage cookies?
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or a mobile app. Cookies are widely used by online service providers to facilitate and help to make the interaction between users and websites and mobile apps faster and easier, as well as to provide reporting information.
What types of cookies are used on the Europ Assistance website?
By cookie owner
1. First party cookies: Cookies set by Europ Assistance via the website and/or mobile app.
2. Third Party cookies: Cookies set by parties other than Europ Assistance via the website and/or mobile app. Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website and/or mobile app (e.g. like view videos, social media links, advertising, interactive content and analytics).
By cookie duration
1. Session cookies: Only used during browser session, to simplify and link together the user’s browsing during the browser session. Session cookies are temporary cookies, these are automatically removed when the browser session is ended.
2. Permanent cookies: Cookies that stay on your device for the number of days mentioned in the cookie overview below. You can remove these cookies as described below under how can you manage cookies.
By cookie purpose
1. Functional cookies: These cookies enable the Website to work optimally or they provide security to the Website. These cookies are essential for proper communication and are there to facilitate browsing. They facilitate visits to our Website and enhance interaction (for example: language choice, contract configuration). These cookies can be placed without prior consent.
2. Analytical cookies: These cookies analyze the use that is made of the Website. These cookies measure the number of visits, the number of pages viewed, as well as the activity of users on the website and the frequency of their visits. They provide us with information on the Website’s performance. These functionalities can make use of third-party cookies.
3. Advertising cookies: Cookies that analyze the surfing habits of the visitors of the Website/Mobile App. This way a visitor profile can be established so that more personalized information can be sent.
For more detailed information on the cookies used, please see the list of cookies attached to this Policy.
How can you manage cookies?
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies. You can exercise your cookie preferences by selecting the type of cookies you want to keep in the cookie banner or you can always change them afterwards by clicking here.
Each web browser has its own configuration. However, on most of them, you can open the ‘Preferences’ or ‘Settings’ menu in the top right-hand corner to edit the cookie options or go to the ‘help’ section. For more information, please see the following links:
When you deactivate cookies, please bear in mind that some graphics may not be displayed correctly, or that you will not be able to use certain applications.